ALKALINE FORMING FOODS
Alfalfa, Barley Grass, Asparagus, Fermented Veggies, Watercress, Beets, Broccoli, Brussel sprouts, Cabbage, Carrot, Cauliflower, Celery, Chard, Chlorella, Collard Greens, Cucumber, Eggplant, Kale, Kohlrabi, Lettuce, Mushrooms, Mustard Greens, Dulce, Dandelions, Edible Flowers, Onions, Parsnips (high glycemic), Peas, Peppers, Pumpkin, Rutabaga, Sea Veggies, Spirulina, Sprouts, Squashes, Wheat Grass, Wild Greens
Apple, Apricot, Avocado, Banana (high glycemic), Cantaloupe, Cherries, Currants, Dates/Figs, Grapes, Grapefruit, Lime, Honeydew Melon, Nectarine,
Orange, Lemon, Peach, Pear, Pineapple, All Berries, Tangerine, Tomato, Tropical Fruits, Watermelon
Eggs (poached), Whey Protein Powder, Cottage Cheese, Chicken Breast, Yogurt, Almonds, Chestnuts, Tofu (fermented), Flax Seeds, Pumpkin Seeds, Tempeh (fermented), Squash Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Millet, Sprouted Seeds,
Apple Cider Vinegar, Bee Pollen, Lecithin Granules, Probiotic Cultures, Green Juices, Veggies Juices, Fresh Fruit Juice, Organic Milk, Mineral Water, Alkaline Antioxidant Water, Green Tea, Herbal Tea, Dandelion Tea, Ginseng Tea, Banchi Tea, Kombucha
Stevia, Ki Sweet
Cinnamon, Curry, Ginger, Mustard, Chili Pepper, Sea Salt, Miso, Tamari, All Herbs
Maitake, Daikon, Dandelion Root, Shitake, Kombu, Reishi, Nori, Umeboshi, Wakame, Sea Veggies
Meditation, Prayer, Peace, Kindness, Love
Extremely Alkaline Forming Foods – pH 8.5 to 9.0:
Note: Match the numbers following each food with the list at the end of the article
9.0 Lemons 1, Watermelon 2,
8.5 Agar Agar 3, Cantaloupe, Cayenne (Capsicum) 4, Dried dates & figs, Kelp, Karengo, Kudzu root, Limes, Mango, Melons, Papaya, Parsley 5, Seedless grapes (sweet), Watercress, Seaweeds
Moderate Alkaline – pH 7.5 to 8.0
8.0 Apples (sweet), Apricots, Alfalfa sprouts 9, Arrowroot, flour 10, Avocados, Bananas (ripe), Berries, Carrots, Celery, Currants, Dates & figs (fresh), Garlic 11, Gooseberry, Grapes (less sweet), Grapefruit, Guavas, Herbs (leafy green), Lettuce (leafy green), Nectarine, Peaches (sweet), Pears (less sweet), Peas (fresh sweet), Persimmon, Pumpkin (sweet), Sea salt (vegetable) 12, Spinach
7.5 Apples (sour), Bamboo shoots, Beans (fresh green), Beets, Bell Pepper, Broccoli, Cabbage;Cauli, Carob 13, Daikon, Ginger (fresh), Grapes (sour), Kale, Kohlrabi, Lettuce (pale green), Oranges, Parsnip, Peaches (less sweet), Peas (less sweet), Potatoes & skin, Pumpkin (less sweet), Raspberry, Sapote, Strawberry, Squash 14, Sweet corn (fresh), Tamari 15, Turnip, Vinegar (apple cider) 16
Slightly Alkaline to Neutral pH 7.0
7.0 Almonds 17, Artichokes (Jerusalem), Barley-Malt (sweetener-Bronner), Brown Rice Syrup, Brussel Sprouts, Cherries, Coconut (fresh), Cucumbers, Egg plant, Honey (raw), Leeks, Miso, Mushrooms, Okra, Olives ripe 18, Onions, Pickles 19, (home made), Radish, Sea salt 20, Spices 21, Taro, Tomatoes (sweet), Vinegar (sweet brown rice), Water Chestnut, Amaranth, Artichoke (globe), Chestnuts (dry roasted), Egg yolks (soft cooked), Essene bread 22, Goat’s milk and whey (raw) 23, Horseradish, Mayonnaise (home made), Millet, Olive oil, Quinoa, Rhubarb, Sesame seeds (whole) 24, Soy beans (dry), Soy cheese, Soy milk, Sprouted grains 25, Tempeh, Tofu, Tomatoes (less sweet), Yeast (nutritional flakes)
ACID FORMING FOODS
FATS & OILS
Avocado Oil, Canola Oil, Corn Oil, Hemp Seed Oil, Flax Oil, Lard, Olive Oil,
Safflower Oil, Sesame Oil, Sunflower Oil
Rice Cakes, Wheat Cakes, Amaranth, Barley, Buckwheat, Corn, Oats (rolled),
Quinoa, Rice (all), Rye, Spelt, Kamut, Wheat, Hemp Seed Flour
Cheese (Cow), Cheese (Goat), Cheese (Processed), Cheese (Sheep), Milk, Butter
NUTS & BUTTERS
Cashews, Brazil Nuts, Peanuts, Peanut Butter, Pecans, Tahini, Walnuts
Beef, Carp, Clams, Fish, Lamb, Lobster, Mussels, Oyster, Pork, Rabbit, Salmon, Shrimp, Scallops, Tuna, Turkey, Venison
Noodles, Macaroni, Spaghetti
Distilled Vinegar, Wheat Germ, Potatoes
BEANS & LEGUMES
Black Beans, Chick Peas, Green Peas, Kidney Beans, Lentils, Lima Beans, Pinto Beans, Red Beans, Soy Beans, Soy Milk, White Beans, Rice Milk, Almond Milk
DRUGS & CHEMICALS
Aspartame, Chemicals, Drugs (Medicinal), Drugs (Psychedelic), Pesticides,
Beer, Spirits, Hard Liquor, Wine
Overwork, Anger, Fear, Jealousy, Stress
Extremely Acid Forming Foods – pH 5.0 to 5.5
5.0 Artificial sweeteners
5.5 Beef, Carbonated soft drinks & fizzy drinks 38, Cigarettes (tailor made), Drugs, Flour (white wheat), 39, Goat, Lamb, Pastries & cakes from white flour, Pork, Sugar (white) 40, Beer 34, Brown sugar 35, Chicken, Deer, Chocolate, Coffee 36, Custard with white sugar, Jams, Jellies, Liquor 37, Pasta (white), Rabbit, Semolina, Table salt refined & iodized, Tea black, Turkey, Wheat bread, White rice, White vinegar (processed).
Moderate Acid – pH 6.0 to 6.5
6.0 Cigarette tobacco (roll your own), Cream of Wheat (unrefined), Fish, Fruit juices with sugar, Maple syrup (processed), Molasses (sulphured), Pickles (commercial), Breads (refined) of corn, oats, rice & rye, Cereals (refined) eg weetbix, corn flakes, Shellfish, Wheat germ, Whole Wheat foods 32, Wine 33, Yogurt (sweetened)
6.5 Bananas (green), Buckwheat, Cheeses (sharp), Corn & rice breads, Egg whole (cooked hard), Ketchup, Mayonnaise, Oats, Pasta (whole grain), Pastry (wholegrain & honey), Peanuts, Potatoes (with no skins), Popcorn (with salt & butter), Rice (basmati), Rice (brown), Soy sauce (commercial), Tapioca, Wheat bread (sprouted organic)
Slightly Acid to Neutral pH 7.0
7.0 Barley malt syrup, Barley, Bran, Cashews, Cereals (unrefined with honey-fruit-maple syrup), Cornmeal, Cranberries 30, Fructose, Honey (pasteurized), Lentils, Macadamias, Maple syrup (unprocessed), Milk (homogenized) and most processed dairy products, Molasses (unsulphered organic 31, Nutmeg, Mustard, Pistachios, Popcorn & butter (plain), Rice or wheat crackers (unrefined), Rye (grain), Rye bread (organic sprouted), Seeds (pumpkin & sunflower), Walnuts Blueberries, Brazil nuts, Butter (salted), Cheeses (mild & crumbly) 28, Crackers (unrefined rye), Dried beans (mung, adzuki, pinto, kidney, garbanzo) 29, Dry coconut, Egg whites, Goats milk (homogenized), Olives (pickled), Pecans, Plums 30, Prunes 30, Butter (fresh unsalted), Cream (fresh & raw), Margarine 26, Milk (raw cow’s) 27, Oils (except olive), Whey (cow’s), Yogurt (plain)
Article Continued In Next Column
NOTE: Match with the numbers below to the ones in the left column.
- Excellent for EMERGENCY SUPPORT for colds, coughs, sore throats, heartburn, & gastro upsets.
- Good for a yearly fast. For several days eat whole melon, chew pips well & eat also. Super alkalizing food.
- Substitute for gelatin, more nourishing.
- Stimulating, non-irritating body healer. Good for endocrine system.
- Purifies kidneys.
- Powerful acid reducer detoxing to produce acid urine temporarily… causing alkalinity for the long term.
- Natural sugars give alkalinity. Added sugar causes juice to become acid-forming.
- Depends on vegi’s content and sweetness.
- Enzyme rich, superior digestibility.
- High calcium content. Cornflour substitute.
- Elevates acid food 5.0 in alkaline direction.
- Vegetable content raises alkalinity.
- Substitute for coca; mineral rich.
- Winter squash rates 7.5. Butternut & sweeter squash rates 8.0.
- Genuine fermented for 1 1/2 years otherwise 6.0.
- Raw unpasteurized is a digestive aid to increase HCL in the stomach. 1 tablespoon, plus honey & water before meals.
- Soak 12 hours, peel skin to eat.
- Sundried, tree ripened, otherwise 6.0.
- Using sea-salt and apple cider vinegar.
- Contains sea minerals. Dried at low temperatures.
- Range from 7.0 to 8.0.
- Sprouted grains are more alkaline. Grains chewed well become more alkaline.
- High sodium to aid digestion.
- High levels of utilizable calcium. Grind before eating.
- Alkalinity and digestibility higher.
- Heating causes fats to harden and become indigestible.
- High mucous production.
- Mucous forming and hard to digest.
- When sprouted dry beans rate 7.0.
- Contain acid-forming benzoic and quinic acids.
- Full of iron.
- Unrefined wheat is more alkaline.
- High quality red wine, no more than 4 oz. daily to build blood.
- Good quality, well brewed – up to 5.5. Fast brewed beers drop to 5.0.
- Most are white sugars with golden syrup added.
- Organic, fresh ground-up to 5.5.
- Cheaper brands drop to 5.0, as does over-indulgence.
- Leaches minerals.
- Bleached- has no goodness.
- Poison! Avoid it.
- Potential cancer agent. Over-indulgence may cause partial blindness.